Friday, July 15, 2005

G-1 Crisis




G-1 here is actually a black gel pen, PILOT G-1, that I have been using for years. The first time I tried this pen was in Bandung, perhaps around the year 1997 - or was it earlier? (I remember there was a G-1 fever for a while at the Industrial Design Dept). Before that, I've always been using BOXY hardpoint (also black). But I rightaway switched to G-1 after the first try: it writes so strong yet smooth.
My loyalty to a brand is really based on the product's quality and reliability. I'm glad that G-1 has a refilling system so I don't have to throw a pen away everytime the ink is empty. Years ago, the refill could be bought at an office supply store in Ciumbeluit (near the intersection - I forget the store's name). But after some months, they stopped selling it!

Then I started my study in The Netherlands (early 1998). Then, they didn't even have any gel pen. Gel pens became common only a couple of years ago here. So I was looking for the G-1 Refill in vain. I remember I found some in a small office supply store in Germany that year, and I bought them all (about 10 refill pens). When we visited Indonesia in 2002, I remember also finding some at a big Gunung Agung store in Yogyakarta. I bought them all (3 packs, each containing 12 refill pens). I'm still a bit annoyed that they don't have this G-1 Refill around here and all other gel pens I tried are never as comfortable as this G-1.

Once I even asked my sister to hunt these Refill in Indonesia, to send to me a couple of months ago and she succeeded! Seems like I'll have to ask her to do the same thing now, because my supply is really diminishing. So Tiyas, pleeease pretty please find G-1 Refill for me agaiin? Or anyone, who knows where I could find a steady source of G-1 Refill, please kindly let me know. Thanks beforehand :)

5 comments:

  1. Kali ini, yg G-1 gelpen ini memang andalanku. Sebelumnya, waktu SD, pake pilot yg ceklik2 itu lho.. hehe.. Terus pindah ke BOXY (yg hardpoint, bukan yg empuk). Ayo ayo cariin refill-nya G-1 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titanyaaaaaaa....:D:D:D
    3 box G-1 sudah menuju ke Amsterdam, mohon sabar menunggu soalnya aku kirim lewat pos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titanyaaaaa....:D:D:D
    3 box G-1 sedang dalam perjalanan ke Amsterdam...mohon sabar menunggu ya jeng, soalnya aku paketin karena nggak ada yang bisa dititipin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh Mbakyuuu terima kasih sekaliii! *muah muah muah*
    Kamu memang paling menggemaskan! :D

    Iya nggapapa ditunggu, masih ada sedikit persediaan

    - Tita *ngibing*

    ReplyDelete