SATURDAY May 3rd, 2008
First rafting experience for Dhanu and Sybrand
Site: Cimanuk, Garut
Starting time: about 10.30
Finishing time: about 15.00
Participants: 36 adults and children
Fleet: 5 rafts
- Couldn't right away execute the fast orders shouted by the skipper, Mas Adri. He had to translate everything to his own language first, before conducting anything. If he ever got it correct, that is.
- Fell overboard twice, but not drifted. He held on to the boad whilst tumbling.
- Got sunburnt at the back of his hands, on his knees, and a bit on the face.
- Said that the experience doesn't stop him going for the next time.
- Only had to hold on to the rope that was stretched along the length of the raft. No problem.
- Turned out to be not squeamish about the experience. He enjoyed it, instead.
- Worried only when he saw Syb went overboard. "Are you okay?" he asked everytime Syb made it back inside the raft.
- No sunburn. Similar to his Ciwidey and Pawon adventures, this trip seemed to have gained his confidence. He'd like to go again some other time.
SUNDAY May 4th, 2008
First haircut for Lindri
Location: bathroom, home
Time: during bath, about 17.00
Duration: less than 10 minutes, including trimming
Spectators: Kitchen crew
- Has never had any haircut, ever before, in her life time
- Quite enjoyed the whole happening
- Thought she looks like Dora the Explorer now
- Has never cut any of her kids' hair, ever before
- Thought that Lindri's hair is too short now, but no matter, it will grow back
- Is relieved that - in the mean time - she's free from combing tangled long hair
- Expressed their deep regret for losing such wavy hair with golden streaks