2. The Kosasih Award event on Aug 16th brought me meeting friends and colleagues from the comics world. I dropped 10 ToT (A Taste of Tita) and 18 pins (Tita + 5 kinds of animals) to be sold at the venue (Bentara Budaya Jakarta), and gave 9 ToT (these ones are signed with silver pen at the covers) to Andy Wijaya, to be sold at his shop: ANJAYA BOOKS - ITC Kuningan, 4th floor. I got to bring home 5 copies of KONDE catalog (nicely printed!) and one copy of Cergam (KONDE special edition).
3. I visited my grandma at PI Hospital. She's still fluent and talkative in all Javanese, Indonesian and Dutch languages, although she doesn't remember my name nor whose daughter I am. I was amazed that we could have yummy(!) lunch delivered to grandma's room by simply calling the hospital's café - as with a hotel's room service.
4. I've been spending more than six intense months in this country taking care of bureaucracy business at several government offices. Among their similarities, which I find highly impractical, are:
- When the documents you are applying for are finally issued, you will have to pick them up, and make copies of the documents for their archive before you leave. You will most likely end up walking out the building, out into the street, and looking for the nearest available copy shop. After making copies, you will have to re-enter the building, give them their copies and leave. I wonder if these offices really can't afford to own and operate a Xerox machine.
- When the authorized persons - who supposed to sign your documents - are absent, you will have to wait until they come back. They might be on a sick leave, or on vacation, or on a tour of duty - whatever it is, no matter how long, you will have to wait. Why can't they assign a person in charge during the absence? I start to think that they just like the sensation of having people 'beg' for their signatures.
6. Burning garbage at sidewalks on crisp early morning really irritates the hey out of me. Why anyone would ruin fresh morning air with thick, direct pollution is totally out of my understanding.