Sunday, October 29, 2006
Spaghetti - Boursin - Spek
Syb said this dish used to be his staple food during his university days: cheap, quick and easy. He doesn't remember where he got the recipe from, moreover what its name is, but he knows how to do it perfectly. Again, no measurement for the ingredients.
- Spaghetti (or any other pasta)
- 1 pack Boursin (cream cheese with garlic & herbs)
- Spekreepjes or bacon bits, about 150 gr
- Onion, if desired
- Parsley, finely chopped
1. Cook spaghetti.
2. Heat a bit of butter in a pan, pour bacon bits and cook until coloured. Add finely chopped onion if desired.
3. Mix Boursin into the pan, keep stirring quickly until it blends evenly.
4. Pour the already-drained spaghetti into the pan, stir until everything is mixed. Spread the finely chopped parsley before serving.
Green salad is a perfect companion for this dish. Bacon bits can be substituted with sliced mushrooms.
The photo is actually a portion of spaghetti carbonara (which has a similar appearance), taken from this site.