Sunday, November 19, 2006
Creamy Broccoli Soup with Tomatoes
Another recipe from the newest AllerHande that I keep for cold rainy days.
3 tablespoon oil
2 onions, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pack broccoli rosettes (300 g)
200 g potatoes, in cubes
3 tablespoon crème fraîche
1 liter vegetable stock (from instant stock block)
1 spring onion, sliced in rings
50 g hazelnuts, crushed
4 slices of thick bread (self sliced)
kitchen processor or staafmixer (hand mixer/processor?)
- Heat half of the oil and let the onion and garlic turn golden brown in a soup pan.
- Stir in the broccoli and the potato cubes, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the créme fraïche and the stock, leave until boiled.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the soup cook in average heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes in small blocks (let the liquid and seeds cook in the soup, to give extra flavour).
- Purée the soup with the staafmixer or food processor and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes, spring onion and hazelnuts in the soup. Distribute the soup into four plates and serve with self-sliced bread.