Monday, September 18, 2006

Stamping Out Distractions (I Wish)


I can't recall where I first found out that my old 'friends' were going to be on a series of stamps! These are heroes from my childhood, whom I dilligently greeted in every new album that came out in the 70s and 80s. I gradually stopped seeing them approaching my late teenage years, when I became less and less awed by the newer generations of their kinds.

As soon as I read the news, I browsed the US Postal website and did a Google search using particular keywords. I found photographs from the launching day, viewed the merchandise, especially the special editions and formats.. and the prices. I didn't know what exactly has urged me to get my hands on a mere sheet of tiny stamps, but I was determined to possess them anyway. [I even put up a poll on the dearinter.net to see if this is actually childish or not.. haha..] A couple of days later, this subject was brought up on a message board of my forever-favourite band. I of course expressed my yearning in the thread. Almost instantly, an acquintance from the board (who lives in the US) offerred to get me a set - to which I responsed eagerly *does happy dance*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

About 2-3 weeks later, an A5-sized envelope came from America (very obvious, judging by the stars-and-stripes print on the envelope). It contained a postcard book set, each postcard depicting one superhero in action and has a matching 'stamp' printed at the backside (thanks so much, Carrie!). Allright, so it's not a simple, classic stamps sheet set. But surely I'm elated anyway. It's really like meeting old friends.. or perhaps more like visiting a much younger me, again.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'll upload other images later. Like I said, I should be working right now instead of making pointless journal entries
:D







8 comments:

  1. hahahhahaha... justru di situ letak hiburannya, Ta :D :D di saat suntuk kerja, 'making pointless journal entries' could be a way to refresh your mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly :D
    ampir kelar nih target gue malem ini.. bentar lagi tidur, mata udah kriyip2 (waktu lokal: 01:14)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah wah ini yang perangko seri super hero ya???? waaaah maooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. keren banget taaaaaaaaaaa ... secara superman udah lahir dari taun 1938... pasti harusnya dia udah kisut ta.. mungkin bothox helps him recover his age... hmm anak2 pasti seneng denger berita ini...

    =)) ah gue jadi inget waktu indra birowo jadi wonder woman di satu acara extravaganza..

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn you...
    i envy you...
    anyway? suat hari nanti bakal ada yang gambarnya vertigo nggak, ya?
    morpheus, constantine, snow white, ozimandyas, swamp thing, dizzy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. allright - if that's the case, i will shamelessly ask my friends in america to buy and send some for me! :D

    ReplyDelete