Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bouillabaisse, instant version


Description:
I wanted to make my own Bouillabaisse and, browsing the Internet, I mostly found complicated recipes- the ones that I know I won't follow diligently, considering time and efforts. So I added "easy" as the keyword in Google, where finally I found this version.

I only changed several things:
- I used frozen fish mix (consists of cod fillet, prawns, mussels, crab sticks)
- I don't have pressure cooker, so I cooked it in a 'normal' soup pan. Add the fish mix into the pan at the latest part of the process.
- I might have added fish stock somewhere in the process.

Recipe source: Let's Cook French
Image source: One Season at a Thyme

Ingredients:
- 6 potatoes
- 1 leek or some onions
- one can of tomatoe pulp
- garlic, saffron, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 lb of mussels
- some large prawns (if you like)

Directions:
Put some olive oil in the bottom of a pressure cooker, a layer of potatoes cut into flat thins strips, a layer of leeks or onions cut into rounds, then tomatoes and relayer with the rest of ingredients.
Cover with 3 quarts of white wine, some crushed garlic, and put in the amount of saffron you desire.
Place the fish fillets on top, the mussels without the shells, the prawns, and some salt and pepper.
Close the pressure cooker.
When it begins to steam, lower the burner and let it cook for 10-15 min.

Open and it's ready!!

1 comment: